The Physiotherapy Board of Australia has developed codes and guidelines to provide guidance to the profession. These also help to clarify our views and expectations on a range of issues.
Guidelines are approved by the National Board and may be used as evidence of what constitutes appropriate professional conduct or practice for physiotherapy in proceedings under the National Law or a law of a co-regulatory jurisdiction against a health practitioner.
- Physiotherapy Code of Conduct (451 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Guidelines for Mandatory Notifications (418 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Guidelines for Professional Indemnity Insurance PII (268 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Guidelines on Continuing Professional Development (337 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Guidelines on Recency of Practice (345 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Guidelines on Substantially Equivalent Qualifications (263 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Guideline for Supervision (261 KB,PDF)
- Form A Supervision Agreement (77.4 KB,PDF), Word version (342 KB,DOC)
- Form B Supervision practice plan (82.2 KB,PDF), Word version (384 KB,DOC)
- Form C Supervision report (81.0 KB,PDF), Word version (345 KB,DOC)
- Form D Alternative supervision report (69.9 KB,PDF), Word version (332 KB,DOC)
- Physiotherapy Guidelines for Advertising of Regulated Health Services (463 KB,PDF)
- Physiotherapy Orientation Report (178 KB,PDF)
Physiotherapy Guidelines Regarding Medicine - This guideline is under review. Please refer to your State or Territory Drugs and Poisons Legislation.
FAQ and Fact Sheets
More information can be found in FAQ and Fact Sheets.