The Physiotherapy Board of Australia has established a National Registration and Notifications Committee (RNC) from 1 October 2013, to support the work of the National Board in the national scheme. The National Board sets policy and professional standards, and the National RNC will continue to make individual notification and registration decisions affecting individual physiotherapists.
Functions of the Board
The functions of the Physiotherapy Board of Australia include:
- registering physiotherapists and students
- developing standards, codes and guidelines for the physiotherapy profession
- handling notifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary hearings
- assessing overseas trained practitioners who wish to practise in Australia
- approving accreditation standards and accredited courses of study.
Our functions are supported by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). For information about legislation governing our operations see AHPRA's Legislation and Publications pages.
Contact the Board
Charles Flynn, Chair
Physiotherapy Board of Australia
G.P.O. Box 9958
Melbourne VIC 3001
You can use the online enquiry form to contact the board.
Read Communiqués from the Board.
Meet the Board
Meet the individual Board members.